Front End Developer, Shrewsbury
Job title: Magento Developer
Start date: Immediate
Salary: Competitive dependant on experience
Position: Full time
As part of a long term growth strategy, Fisheye are looking to recruit our next generation of talented developers. We’re a small but fast-growing company, so if you are keen to learn, have a great eye for detail, and are looking for a great opportunity to get your foot in the door.
Magento is quite a specialism, but you may be surprised to know that many of our best developers originally came to us with no Magento experience whatsoever.
You’ll need to be comfortable working alongside developers, clients and designers alike to find the best solution available in delivering the best ecommerce experience across desktop tablet and mobile. You’ll also need to be passionate about new technology and making stuff work.
If you wish to work within this fast paced exciting environment you will be rewarded with joining a great team, managed by experienced and knowledgeable individuals, regular training and the opportunity to work on some exciting and complex projects.
What are we looking for?
- Highly focused individuals who are passionate about technology, and making stuff work
- A high attention to detail and excellent problem solving ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident, self-motivated individuals, who work well in team environments
- 3+ years experience in front end development
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite
A Bit About Us
We are a friendly and motivated team of top notch web designers, developers and marketers producing cutting edge work. Although our offices are based in the beautiful market town of Shrewsbury, Shropshire, we are at the forefront of the industry and have clients all over the U.K and Europe.
Established in 2002 we have an ever-growing portfolio of UK and Global ecommerce clients, including leading brands, so you will have immediate opportunity to contribute to projects with high profile clients.
- Perform coding to written technical specifications and coding standards
- Investigate, analyse and document reported bugs
- Promote quality standards and processes and work with developers to achieve these through regular code reviews
- Communicate regularly with project managers to provide understanding of technical requirements, processes and dependencies
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates
01 key skillsHTML5, Semantic Markup
CSS3, Media Queries, Responsive Web Design, Mobile First,
PHP / OOP Basics: Logical / Mathematical Operators, Conditional Statements (If/Else), Loops, Objects / Arrays, Functions
02 desirable skillsMagento Front end layout and template structure, Packages / Themes
SASS / Compass
JS Task Runners e.g. Grunt
WordPress, Theming, Magento Integration
Git / Version Control
Linux / Unix, Command Line Understanding
Programming for ecommerce frameworks / platforms
We offer a range of benefits including
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- 2 duvet days per annum to take as required
- Day off on your birthday
- Annual appraisal and pay review
- Magento developer certification training and testing
- Annual conference budget
- No dress code
How to apply
Does this sound good to you?
Fill in your details using the form below and we'll be in touch as soon as possible