GAP Year Placment, Shrewsbury
Job title: GAP Year Placement – Developers (frontend & backend)
Start date: May 2018
Application close date: 31st Jan 2018
Duration: 12 Months
Renumeration: Competitive travel and living expense package
Positions available: 4
As part of a long term growth strategy, Fisheye are looking to recruit our next generation of talented placement students. We’re a fast-growing company and experts in our field, so if you are keen to learn from the best, have a great work ethic, and are looking for a great opportunity to get your foot in the door please apply below.
Applications are open now through to Jan 18. We have 4 placements available this year in total, so get your application in quick. We have recruited 9 students in the past 4 years, all students that have completed the placement so far have earned full time employment with us.
Magento is quite a specialism, but you may be surprised to know that many of our best developers originally came to us with no Magento experience whatsoever.
You’ll need to be comfortable working alongside developers, clients and designers alike to find the best solution available. You’ll also need to be passionate about new technology and making stuff work. You will be working on real projects for some top brands, not just making tea!
If you wish to work within this fast paced exciting environment you will be rewarded with joining a great team, managed by experienced and knowledgeable individuals, regular training and the opportunity to work on some exciting and complex projects.
What are we looking for?
- Highly focused individuals who are passionate about technology, and making stuff work
- A high attention to detail and excellent problem solving ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident, self-motivated individuals, who work well in team environments
A Bit About Us
We are a friendly and motivated team of top notch web designers, developers and marketers producing cutting edge work. Although our offices are based in the beautiful market town of Shrewsbury, Shropshire, we are at the forefront of the industry and have clients all over the U.K and Europe.
Established in 2002 we have an ever-growing portfolio of UK and Global ecommerce clients, including leading brands, so you will have immediate opportunity to contribute to projects with high profile clients.
- Perform coding to written technical specifications and coding standards
- Investigate, analyse and document reported bugs
- Perform maintenance development and correction of identified bugs
- Promote quality standards and processes and work with developers to achieve these through regular code reviews
- Communicate regularly with project managers to provide understanding of technical requirements, processes and dependencies
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates
01 key skillsPHP
OOP, MVC and ORM
Experience with frameworks (based on above)
HTML and CSS
02 desirable skillsUnderstanding of Magento framework / architecture
Git / Version Control – Branching and merging workflows. Working with remotes, git-flow
Linux / Unix – Command Line, Bash Scripts, Cron, Redis, NGINX
WordPress – Plugin Development, Magento Integration
HTML5 / CSS3 technologies
We offer a range of benefits including
- Friendly and supportive team
- Relaxed informal environment to work in
- Peer learning and assistance provided
- Magento / development training sessions
- Competitive contribution to travel and living expenses
- MacBook Pro & latest software & apps
- Attend conferences and events
- High chances of full time employment at the end
How to apply
Please apply by using the button below, upload your CV and we will be in touch. Good Luck!
Does this sound good to you?
Fill in your details using the form below and we'll be in touch as soon as possible